Most meetings in Eastham are in-person, typically with an online attendance option. Click on the meeting you are interested in on the calendar at eastham-ma.gov for details. All meetings are at Town Hall unless otherwise indicated.
Thursday, Dec. 7
- Nauset Regional School Committee Budget Finance Subcommittee, 8 a.m.
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 5 p.m.
- Nauset Regional School Committee, 6 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 8
- Climate Action Committee, 10 a.m.
Monday, Dec. 11
- Board of Health, 2 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 12
- Conservation Commission onsite, 8:15 a.m.
- Board of Library Trustees, 5 p.m.
- Conservation Commission, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 13
- Community Preservation Act Committee, 5 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 14
- Affordable Housing Trust, 9 a.m.
- Board of Assessors, 11 a.m.
Streaming for Seniors
The council on aging has received $100,000 for hybrid programming funded by the American Rescue Plan Act through the state’s Executive Office of Elder Affairs. Town Manager Jacqui Beebe announced that Eastham’s COA is the only one on Cape Cod to pursue this funding. Hybrid programming is meant to mitigate public health risks of large gatherings and bring programming to elderly residents who struggle to leave their homes.
About a third of the money will be used to purchase new monitors, cameras, and other equipment; the remaining money will be used to hire a staff person to conduct programming specifically for streaming. Town staff will be taught how to use it to supplement other events and meetings.
Part of the reason the program came to be is that good internet service is coming to the area, according to Beebe. The town’s new municipal water system requires internet access to work, so a fiber optic cable will run along Brackett Road to Nauset Road and be tapped into by the COA. —Olivia Oldham