Most meetings in Eastham are in-person, typically with an online-attendance option for both committee members and residents. Click on the meeting you want to attend on the calendar at eastham-ma.gov for a link to an agenda and details.
Thursday, Nov. 9
- Strategic Planning Committee, 2 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 14
- Conservation Commission Onsite, 8:15 a.m. Town Hall
- Elementary School Committee, 5 p.m.
- Nauset Regional School Committee Retreat, 5:30 p.m.
- Conservation Commission, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 15
- Open Space Committee, 3 p.m.
- Planning Board, 5 p.m.
- Human Services Committee, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 16
- Council on Aging Board of Directors, 9 a.m.
Park Renovations Nearly Complete
Wiley Park is in the second phase of its improvement plan, led by the community preservation committee, and the committee says it will be completed by the end of this year. The park now includes an accessible playground and will soon include a shade shelter, said chair Mary Shaw at the committee’s Nov. 1 meeting.
At the May 2022 town meeting, the town allocated $375,000 for the playground improvements. So far, $346,000 has been spent on the construction of the playground; $22,000 was allocated for the first phase, the development of the initial plan.
Wiley Park has had an increase in foot traffic in recent years, causing the vegetation in the park to erode and water quality to decline in the park’s three ponds. The park has received small bursts of funding in the past, including $8,500 for a shade shelter in 2016 and $51,200 for a bridge in 2008, but none so extensive as this year’s. —Olivia Oldham