Most meetings in Wellfleet are remote only, but some are held in person. Go to www.wellfleet-ma.gov/calendar and click on the meeting you want to watch, then follow the instructions on the agenda.
Thursday, Nov. 2
- Board of Assessors, 10:10 a.m.
- Nauset Regional Middle School Advisory Council, 3:30 p.m.
- Cultural Council, 4 p.m.
- Local Housing Partnership, 4 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 3
- Community Preservation Committee, 9 a.m.
Monday, Nov. 6
- Behavioral Health Task Force, 3:15 p.m.
- Board of Water Commissioners, 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 7
- Recycling Committee, 11 a.m.
- Select board, 7 p.m., Adult Community Center & Zoom
Grants for Wastewater
Wellfleet has been awarded a $3 million MassWorks grant to go toward a $4.6 million wastewater treatment facility at 95 Lawrence Road. The facility is planned for the affordable housing development going up at Lawrence Hill as well as surrounding police and fire stations and nearby houses.
Voters approved a $2.6-million Proposition 2½ override to fund the facility at the Sept. 18 town meeting, adding to $1.93 million in overrides they’d approved in 2021. According to Town Administrator Rich Waldo, the $3 million grant will reduce the amount to be borrowed.
“Funding for this project is crucial for the future of Wellfleet and the year-round community by addressing the affordable housing issues we have been faced with,” Waldo said.
According to Waldo, a sewage treatment design for the project is currently underway, and the town hopes to put the project out to bid in early 2024. —Sam Pollak