Most meetings in Eastham are in-person, typically with an online-attendance option. Go to eastham-ma.gov and click on the meeting you are interested in for details. All meetings at Town Hall unless otherwise indicated.
Thursday, April 20
- Climate Action Committee, 6 p.m., Public Library
Monday, April 24
- Visitors, Tourism, and Promotion Services Board, 3:30 p.m., Town Hall
- Pre-Town Meeting, 5:30 p.m., Town Hall
Tuesday, April 25
- Conservation Commission Onsite, 8:15 a.m., starts at Town Hall
- Board of Health Workshop, 3 p.m., Town Hall
- Elementary School Committee, 5 p.m.
- Recycling Committee, 5 p.m., Public Library
- Conservation Commission, 6 p.m., Town Hall
Wednesday, April 26
- Open Space Committee, 3 p.m., Town Hall
- Nauset Regional Joint School Committee, 5 p.m.
Thursday, April 27
- Board of Health, 3 p.m., Town Hall
Town Meeting Preview
As the May 6 date of the annual town meeting approaches, town staff are holding a preparatory meeting on Monday, April 24 to discuss the warrant articles with voters.
This year’s warrant contains just nine articles. “Our programs and processes are recognized as exemplary, and we continue to get inquiries from other towns as to how we have accomplished this,” the select board wrote in its report in the warrant.
Voters will consider an operating budget of $38,265,322, which is contingent on two overrides that also need to be approved at the May 16 town election. Article 2A requests a $160,000 override for the fiscal 2024 school budget, while Article 2C is asking for a $550,000 Proposition 2½ override to fund collective bargaining agreements for town employees. Both overrides will appear in ballot question #3 for town voters.
The only petitioned article on this year’s warrant is Article 9, which proposes a bylaw to prohibit disposable plastic food containers and utensils. A similar citizen petition article failed at the Provincetown town meeting on April 3.
The pre-town meeting will take place in person at town hall, with an option to attend remotely. The main event next month will be an in-person-only gathering on the Nauset High athletic field. Zoom information for the discussion can be found in the warrant packet on the town website. —Amelia Roth-Dishy