Most meetings in Truro are remote. Go to truro-ma.gov and click on the meeting you want to watch. The agenda includes instructions on how to join.
Thursday, April 13
- Board of Assessors, 3 p.m.
- Housing Authority, 4:15 p.m.
- Pre-Town Meeting Candidates Night and Budget Hearing, 5 p.m., Truro Community Center and online
Friday, April 14
- Open Space Committee, noon
Saturday, April 15
- 28th Annual Senior Dinner, noon, Truro Community Center
Monday, April 17
- Town Hall closed for Patriots Day
Tuesday, April 18
- Board of Health, 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 19
- Cemetery Commission, 9 a.m., Town Hall
- Climate Action Committee, 10 a.m.
- Local Comprehensive Plan Committee, 1 p.m., Public Library
- Walsh Property Community Planning Committee, 6 p.m.
Pre-Town Meeting Meeting
With town meeting fast approaching on April 25, a town-sponsored forum will take place Thursday, April 13 to help voters prepare.
The meeting will cover several elements of this year’s town meeting warrant, which was published last week.
The finance committee will present its proposed budget for fiscal 2024, with a top-line number of $23,583,506.99. There will also be a forum with sponsors of warrant articles, including six citizen petitions.
Candidates for town office will also be present for the meeting, though there are no contested positions in this year’s election, which will take place on May 9.
“It will be a nice opportunity for people to meet the candidates,” said Town Clerk Kaci Fullerton, “especially if they’re new to town.”
The event will be held in person at 5 p.m. at the Truro Community Center and simultaneously streamed online. Login information is available on the town’s website. —Sophie Mann-Shafir