Most meetings in Truro are remote. Go to truro-ma.gov and click on the meeting you want to watch. The agenda includes instructions on how to join.
Thursday, Oct. 20
- Charter Review Committee, 4:15 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 21
- Energy Committee, 12:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 24
- Local Comprehensive Plan Committee, 4 p.m.
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 25
- Human Services Committee, 11 a.m., Truro Town Hall
- Select Board, 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 26
- Housing Authority, 4:15 p.m.
- Walsh Property Community Planning Committee, 6 p.m.
N. Truro P.O. Gets Art
As an after-school art project, fifth-graders at the Truro Central School are painting a mural on a board that covers the spot that normally holds a window at the North Truro Post Office.
The post office’s front window was broken on July 19 when a vehicle ran into it. Thomas Wallace of Truro was trying to park in the post office lot. According to a police report of the incident, “as he approached the building, he hit the gas pedal in error … causing some structural damage” to the building. No one was injured in the accident.
According to an employee of the post office who declined to give his name, the window needed to replace the damaged one is on back order. The company fabricating the window estimates that an appropriate replacement will be available in December. —Sophie Mann-Shafir