Most meetings are being held in person, but some are still remote or virtual. Go to eastham-ma.gov/calendar-by-event-type/16 and click on the meeting you are interested in to learn about meeting locations and any remote options that may be offered.
Thursday, Jan. 6
- Board of Assessors, 11 a.m., Town Hall
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 5 p.m., Town Hall
Saturday, Jan. 8
- Board of Library Trustees, 9 a.m., Eastham Public Library
- Nauset Regional School Committee, 9 a.m., irtual
Monday, Jan. 10
- Climate Action Committee, 5 p.m., Town Hall
Tuesday, Jan. 11
- Conservation Commission, 6 pm.
Wednesday, Jan. 12
- Recreation Commission, 5:30 p.m., Virtual
Thursday, Jan. 13
- Affordable Housing Trust, 9 a.m., Town Hall
- Taxation Aid Committee, 11 a.m., Town Hall
- Cape Cod Commission public hearing, 1 p.m., virtual
- Nauset School Committee budget meeting, 6 p.m., Town Hall
Juice Stand Opens
After over a year of waiting, the two electric vehicle charging stations at the Eastham Public Library are operational. At the Dec. 20 select board meeting, Assistant Town Administrator Rich Bienvenue said he got an email “out of the blue” from Eversource, saying that the necessary pole had been installed across from the library. “You never know when that’s going to happen,” he said. “They just kind of show up when they show up and do their thing, and then they let you know.”
At the Jan. 3 select board meeting, Town Administrator Jacqui Beebe confirmed that the charging stations had been connected to the transformer.
At the Jan. 3 select board meeting, Town Administrator Jacqui Beebe announced that the town would be looking for food trucks to serve at Eastham beaches.
She said she envisioned one fixed food truck offering “lunch, snacks, drinks, whatever they want” that would be stationed at First Encounter Beach and another would be located at Campground Beach. Two more roaming trucks would visit the other beaches. It’s not yet clear if those trucks would be serving more than ice cream and drinks, Beebe said. She expects to have more information in February. —Cam Blair