Most meetings are being held in person, but some are still remote or virtual. Go to eastham-ma.gov/calendar-by-event-type/16 and click on the meeting you are interested in to learn about meeting locations and any remote options that may be offered.
Thursday, Sept. 30
- Board of Library Trustees work session, 10 a.m., Library
- Board of Health, 3 p.m., Town Hall
Monday, Oct. 4
- Select Board, 5:30 p.m., virtual
Tuesday, Oct. 5
- Zoning Bylaw Task Force, 4:30 p.m.
- T-Time Development Committee, 5 p.m., Town Hall
Wednesday, Oct. 6
- Community Preservation Committee, 5 p.m.
- T-Time Committee public forum, 7 p.m., virtual
Thursday, Oct. 7
- Cape Cod Commission public hearing, 3 p.m., virtual
Wiley Park Renovations Slide Forward
Bids have closed for the renovation of Wiley Park, a playground and beach recreation area on Great Pond. The recreation commission will announce its selection at the next meeting on Oct. 13.
The design plan shows that most of the play structures will be replaced with new equipment, but a few selected pieces, like a sunshade installed in 2016, will move to the preschool area within the playground.
The current bath house at the park will remain in place.
The design shows a new concrete sidewalk between the fenced play area and parking lot. A 30-by-15-foot shade shelter will be installed beside the Wiley Park trail.
Recreation and Beach Director Christine Mickle said she didn’t have an estimated date of completion; playground equipment orders were in their beginning stages.
First constructed in 1984, some structures like the swing set have aged noticeably. The town staff removed broken equipment from the playground area earlier this year. —Cam Blair