Watch Like a Hawk (Thursday, Sept. 2)
Truro Connections — a collaboration between Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill, the Truro Historical Society, the Truro Meeting House, and Payomet Performing Arts Center — hosts the Red Hawk Singers and Dancers, an indigenous performance group, on Thursday, Sept. 2, 5 p.m. The event will take place at Edgewood Farm, 3 Edgewood Way in Truro. Registration is free at castlehill.org.
Snakes in the Grass (Thursday, Sept. 2)
Wellfleet Preservation Hall, 335 Main St., continues its backyard concert series with the Revolutionary Snake Ensemble on Thursday, Sept. 2, 5 p.m. Founded by Ken Field, the funk-inflected brass band plays New Orleans-inspired tunes. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Tickets are $25 at wellfleetpreservationhall.org.
Apple of My Eye (Thursday, Sept 2-Friday, Sept. 3)
Rebecca Bruyn teaches “Introduction to iPhoneography,” a two-day workshop at Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill, 10 Meetinghouse Road, on Thursday, Sept. 2 and Friday, Sept. 3, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bruyn will teach students how to make arresting images with their devices with an emphasis on post-production. Registration is $250 at castlehill.org.
Under the Hammer (Friday, Sept. 3)
The Provincetown Art Association and Museum’s 34th annual consignment auction will be on view at 460 Commercial St. starting Friday, Sept. 3. Consigners will receive 80 percent of the “hammer price,” with PAAM receiving the other 20 percent. The auction, officiated by Jim Bakker, will be held online at liveauctioneers.com, closing at 7 p.m. on Sept. 25.
Banjo on Her Knee (Friday, Sept. 3)
Rhiannon Giddens, co-founder of the Carolina Chocolate Drops and recently appointed artistic director of Silkroad, performs at the Payomet Performing Arts Center, 29 Old Dewline Road in Truro, on Friday, Sept. 3, 7 p.m. Giddens — a singer, fiddler, and banjo player — recently released the album They’re Calling Me Home with percussionist Francesco Turrisi. Tickets are $75 at payomet.org.
Kindred Spirits (Saturday, Sept. 4)
Heather Greene, CEO of Milam and Greene Whiskies and author of Whiskey Distilled: A Populist Guide to the Water of Life, will host a live and virtual book event at East End Books Ptown, 389 Commercial St., on Saturday, Sept. 4, 5:30 p.m. The event, which includes a tasting, is $5 suggested donation at eastendbooksptown.com.
Voices Carry (Sunday, Sept. 5)
Hyannis Sound performs online this week as part of Great Music on Sundays @5. The award-winning collegiate a capella group of male voices from across the U.S. will present music arranged by former and current members. Watch free via YouTube on Sunday, Sept. 5, 5 p.m. Visit ptownmusic.com to donate.
Broadway Beckons (Sunday, Sept. 5)
The Art House presents Tony Award-winning actress and singer Beth Leavel performing one night only at Provincetown Town Hall, 260 Commercial St., on Sunday, Sept. 5, 6:30 p.m. Accompanied by Seth Rudetsky on piano, the event is a fundraiser for Sandy Hook Promise. Tickets range from $50 to $150 at provincetownarthouse.com.
Cover Artists (Sunday, Sept. 5 – Wednesday, Sept. 9)
Cello and tenor duo Branden and James return to Pilgrim House, 336 Commercial St. in Provincetown, from Sunday, Sept. 5 through Thursday, Sept. 9, 7:30 p.m. Their show, “Broadway Under the Covers,” celebrates music from Hamilton, Wicked, Dear Evan Hansen, Mary Poppins, and West Side Story. Masks and proof of vaccination required. Tickets are $35 at pilgrimhouseptown.com.
Piano Men (Monday, Sept. 6)
Jon Richardson and Todd Alsup will tickle the ivories and belt out pop hits by Elton John and Billy Joel in “Elton & Billy: Greatest Hits Live” at the Crown & Anchor, 247 Commercial St. in Provincetown, on Monday, Sept. 6, 9 p.m. Tickets are $39 at onlythecrown.com.
Fresh Air (Tuesday, Sept. 7)
The Eastham Painters Guild will gather at Coast Guard Beach in Eastham for its second-to-last free outdoor event of the summer, “Plein Air Painting in the Cape Cod National Seashore,” on Tuesday, Sept. 7, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. More information at easthampaintersguild.com.
Manchester By the Sea (Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Friday, Sept. 10)
The Post Office Café and Cabaret, 303 Commercial St. in Provincetown, presents “Melissa Manchester: An Intimate Night” from Wednesday, Sept. 8 through Friday, Sept. 10, 7 p.m. The Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter released her first album, Home to Myself, in 1971 and has released 20 since, including this year’s RE:VIEW. Tickets are $50 at postofficecafe.net.